Thursday, January 27, 2011

What are the relationships between the notes of the blues scale?



Your Ad Here





Question by John S:

What are the relationships between the notes of the blues scale?



Your Ad Here





I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now. However, I just started getting into music theory about a year ago. I think that if I could figure out or get some help figuring out the relationships between the notes in the blues (or pentatonic) scale that it would allow me to connect some of the other ideas that I have already learned and thus further my knowledge and help in my playing.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by snoopy dave
John, use the major scale. The blues sound is basically formed by playing 7th chords instead of major and using minor 7th and diminished where it sounds best. If playing mainly 7ths an augmented will give your music a bite as a conecting chord. contact me if I can help further. Good luck and keep practicing. Hint: learn every number in at least 3 keys to rapidly improve your chord knowledge.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment